Monday, July 29, 2013

Parade, Cake and River!

And diving right into summer, the boys have been busy making messes, getting dirty, and bossing us around.  Quinn now demands music to be played when he wants to hear it, and if he doesn't like the song being played he'll yell "New song!".  Most often he says "Banana Boat?" requesting the Banana Boat song... you know the one that goes "Day-O, Dayyyy-O, Daylight come and me wanna go home..."  I remember it from the movie Beatle Juice.  Well it's Quinn's favorite song.  Sometimes he'll even dance to commercials on TV or random music playing in stores and restaurants - he's definitely got an ear for music.

One day Quinn ran into the living room with this in his mouth, it's a lip-shaped whistle.

At the "Concert in the Park" -
Apparently he preferred his "Banana Boat" song over the live music the rest of us were listening to...
 
And our sweet Ronin is the artistic brother - he makes all kinds of projects that are pretty cool.  I told him that it was Crazy Hat Day at preschool and so he made this hat out of tinfoil, taped random things to it (crayon, pirate coin, cassette tape..) and wore it all day long at school.  The teachers were pretty impressed and said if they had an originality award he would get it.  ha ha!

His "crazy hat"
 
Saturday Ronin and I went to the Camas Days Parade so we could sit in the float for my work.  It was a LONG wait, but he was patient and had fun waving at people the float passed by and he even got some cool glasses and bubbles out of it. 

His funny glasses
 
The kids on the PUD float...
 
Friday night I was helping my friend, Byrekka, make a wedding cake for a friends wedding.  We didn't realize how much work it would be until we got into the decorative half-circles...  I came home at 11:30 that night, and we only had the very small top cake decorated...  She stayed up until 3 AM making more arches.  After the parade on Saturday I helped her finish the cake - we finished at 4PM, 1 hour before the wedding...   It doesn't LOOK that intricate, but each half-circle consisted of overlapping tiny fondant tear-drop shapes that we had to cut out and stick together... It was a miserable cake.  But it turned out pretty cool looking!

The miserable cake.

The bride with the cake.

 
The boys painting together :)
 
Sunday we wanted to have some fun so after nap we went to the river and the boys got to play in the water and sand.  Quinn LOVED the new floaty and cried when he had to give brother a turn.  But that was quickly resolved with cookies.

Holding a cone full of sand...

Practicing...

Yay cold river water!

Ronins turn!

He's good at balancing...

Pretty happy with himself

Smiles :)
 
Water boy
 
Pretty brave 

THE parents

Nobody was ready exept Rory... haha

Ahhh... one of his least demanding times...
 
 This next week the Clark County Fair begins, we are hoping to go on Friday night.  The boys are going to be a handful but they'll have fun I'm sure :)  Ronin told me he just wants cotton candy.  haha

And I had my last gum paste flower class on Monday, it was a lot of fun, but there is no way I'd make most of these flowers again - I'd just buy silk ones if someone needed some of these - they are a lot of work!  but I was pretty proud of my stargazer lilly and apple blossoms :)  Here they are:



 

Lots of love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment