Monday, July 15, 2013

The Fourth, the beach and a new camera!

For Independence Day we had some friends over to eat pizza and play croquet.  It was nice and relaxing - except for all the fireworks in our neighborhood that went off until Midnight... The kids didn't seem to let it bother them as they snoozed.
 
Madeline and Quinn playing croquet

Us ladies with our croquet mallets
 
Quinny moving our croquet balls :(
 
The very next day I had to make the Hello Kitty cake for a lady that always asks me to make her kids birthday cakes.  I think it turned out pretty well :)  and it gave me a little extra money to spend!
 
 
The free concerts in the park started last Thursday. We went to enjoy the blues band and visit with our friends. It was a nice time. :) I'm not sure that we'll make it to every concert this summer, but it is really nice having something free to go to for entertainment :)

Quinny and Ronin with their cupcakes
 
Somehow Quinny got Sean and Ronin to play Ring-around-the-rosie with him that day.
 
This last weekend we got to go to Lincoln City Friday night.  We all had a blast!  Grandpa Rod had a meeting down there on Saturday so Grandma Jan and us got to hang out and play.  The boys got to play on the beach, fly their kite, eat seafood, go shopping, go to the Hatfield Science Museum to watch an octopus eat her food... it was all very exciting, and exhausting - we had to use Sunday to recover :)
 
Driving to the beach :)

Coloring at the hotel room
 
Funny story -- Saturday morning at about 6 am Quinny peaked his head over his pack-n-play where he was sleeping and said "Breakfast?! Hmmm?!"   It was so comical because it sounded like he thought breakfast was a good idea and he was getting our opinion...  I told him to go back to sleep and he said "kay" but then just mumbled to himself until I pulled him out of bed at 6:30...  funny boy!

Flying our kite :)

Playing in the sand :)

Having a good time in the sand :)

Brothers walking toward the waves
 
We discovered the Hatfield Museum at Newport last time we were at the beach, they take donations instead of charging $20 a person like the actual "Aquarium" does... and they still get to pet the starfish and see fish and an octopus.  We had perfect timing because we got to watch the Octopus eat while we were there, they only feed her about 4 times a week.  Ronin even raised his hand and asked "where is the mouth at?" when she asked if anyone had questions :)
 
At the museum
 
Just incase you wanted to see the octopus too ;)

At the outlet stores - riding a ride
 
He found spiderman!

I wish this wasn't blurry because he was so cute in this cowboy hat!
 
While we were at the outlet mall I bought a new camera!  It's made for underwater and it's sand resistant as well.  I keep ruining all of our cameras because of the amount of sand we encounter every summer - this one doesn't have an external shutter so it's made a little tougher!  It's a Nikon and it was on sale for $99 so I got it!  It takes decent pictures and has some cool special effects.  I tried it in the bathtub but the hot water made everything steam up so it wasn't the best test...  I think it will work great on the river though :)

New Camera color option -- it highlighted his blue eyes :)

New camera "bubble" option - kind of funny to use!
 
My friend Byrekka and I are taking a Monday "Gum Paste" class together. It's basically making flowers out of gum-paste for cakes. I haven't tasted it and I've been told it doesn't taste good anyway...  haha  So far I'm not noticing too much of a difference between that and fondant, except that it dries way faster... We made daisies and ivy leaves last week. Tonight I think we are making apple blossoms and lillies... It's nice to get away and do something like that :)
 
This coming weekend we are going camping with a couple of other families at Yale Lake, should be fun for the boys!  Nana is coming up in a couple of weekends!  and Ronin and I are going to be in the Camas Parade soon for my work :)  Summer is flying by already! 
 
Lots of love,
C


No comments:

Post a Comment