Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowl & Snow Play

It's been a couple of weeks, but nothing too exciting has happened.  Sean spent the night a couple weekends ago and the boys wore Quinn out- he slept until 8:30, when the boys woke him up.  That was the longest he's slept!  He kept following them around like they had candy stuck to their butts or something, he even tried to play video games with them, it was so cute!

Quinn trying to be one of the big boys ;)

That same weekend Rory decided to make a green house so we can have potatoes and other veggies year round, and so I can start flowers from seeds to save money.  It turned out pretty nice!  We got a bunch of library books so we can get started soon!  I read somewhere that people put their christmas lights on the inside to keep the temperature up while it's still freezing outside, genius!  I'll let you know how it all goes- I'm excited!

Greenhouse! It *might* be too close to the firepit- but luckily we can move it later if it is.

I've been working on Ronin's birthday party invitations, so we had a little Mad Scientist photo shoot one day...
Professor Ronin

And this is what I came up with for his birthday party invite (the kid party):
I think it turned out pretty good :)

On Saturday we drove up to Mt. Saint Helens until we ran into snow so the kids could play in it.  Quinny liked sitting in it and trying to walk, but I had to hold his hand or he'd get mad when he had to get back up and couldn't.
Quinn trying to stand or about to fall...

Ronin sledding down the hill

Happy snow-boy

Rory and the boys :)

Me and the boys :)

On Sunday it was the Superbowl so we stayed home to watch the game, Ronin decided to be a Ravens fan and then daddy switched teams to be a Ravens fan, so Quinn and I were left to the 49ers...  Quinn actually sat on the couch and watched it for a while- little football fan!  I put money in a couple of football pools at work and actually won $100!  well, $75 after my $25 to play :)  Rory played too but didn't win anything.  It made the game a lot more fun!

During half-time, and the stadium power outage Ronin and I made some paper bag animals just for fun.  He's getting really good at just looking at what the finished picture is supposed to look like and making his own pattern up to get it done :) 

Puppy, owl, and sock monkey

Quinny was sure a busy guy all weekend, running around the house hiding, climbing on things, falling off of things, taking our phones, harrassing the cat, pulling his diapers off his dresser, trying to get into the bathroom...  I'm exhausted just chasing him around!  Most of the time he did all this while he had a Cheeto or a piece of pizza in one hand.

Quinn took over the cat scratch post...

This is Quinny acquiring the cat's bed...

He's getting good at getting on his toys by himself now :)

Ronin chilling with his "puppy" :)

Not much else going on...  This weekend we have a "Murder Mystery" party at our house, the boys are going out to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa for a couple hours during our party.   Should be fun!

I have Ronin's gifts bought already for his birthday. Time is flying by!  He's going to be FIVE!  That's just crazy.  He cracks me up all the time, the other day he was acting like a robot, he was inside of a cloth "tunnel" the kids crawl through and said he was half human and half tube robot.  And then he tooted, and I asked what happened and he said "that was just my computer drawing a picture".    HA HA- I have no idea where he comes up with these things!

Lots of love!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment