Thursday, January 24, 2013

Slide, swings and resumes!

Friday night I got to hang out with my girlfriends while the boys stayed home watching Gold Rush.  Saturday we painted Rod and Jans bedroom for a little extra cash which we used with the little bonus money I got from work to purchase 2 swings and a slide for the boys, that was the least expensive part- I had no idea the hardward and the wood would be so expensive!  Poor Rory spent all day on Monday working on it and hurt his back, but now the boys have even more to do in the backyard :)  We are thinking about making our own greenhouse so I can start flowers from seeds and we can have vegetables too!  Maybe our next project...  But we still have to put a porch on the fort to attach the slide, so right now the slide is just in the backroom propped against the couch, which the boys are enjoying anyway. 
Quinn enjoying the slide...

More sliding and climbing...

Ronin chillin' in my chair, again...

Quinny can get up on the couch by himself now, and here he's holding brothers toy gun

We got a nice sunny day on Monday (holiday) so the boys were able to play in the yard for a bit.  I may have overdressed Quinny... making him look even more like one of the boys on The Christmas Story...  haha
Ronin in his fence-post-taking-out jeep!

At least he's warm... and he has his own Jeep too :)

So it was a good week and weekend!  Ronin had his last rock climbing class last night, he climbed 3 times, 2 times past the orange line and the other time he just wanted to swing.  I think we'll put him in soccer soon or some other sport, it seems like he enjoys going to the gym to learn new things :)

New words for Quinn- "Diaper" which sounds more like "Byper", "Down", "Done", "Banana" which sounds more like "Bapana", "Mine", but his favorite is still "UP!"

I applied for the administrative assistant job in the purchasing department under the same Director at work today.  It would be dealing with bids, quotes, contracts, ordering equipment, etc.   I did it for two reasons:  one is to learn a different part of Operations, since I've been in my job for 17 years, I think it's time for a change.  The second reason being because my boss is retiring in March and the Director will be retiring in 3 years.  Although I may apply for my bosses job (even if I get the Purchasing job), I don't like the uncertainty of not knowing who my boss is going to be and how my work will be impacted since I've been losing some of my responsibities as more things get automated....  So it seems like a great time to try for a change!  It won't be more pay- it's more of a lateral move. Wish me luck! 

Quinn has his eye appointment tomorrow, hopefully it's good news that his eyes are changing still... but if not we'll have to think about surgery in the near future... 

This weekend Sean is spending the night, which is actually really nice because Ronin and Sean just play and do there own thing while I can kind of relax for a while.  Unless Quinny follows me around screaming "UP!".  haha

Lots of Love,
Chrystal

No comments:

Post a Comment