Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dust-wolves and Edward Scissorhands

Today is the second day back to work. It's going to suck not waking up with the boys every morning. There was so much more I had planned to do while on leave, I feel like I barely accomplished anything besides watching cartoons with Ronin (way too many!) and feeding Quinn (non-stop).  So much for my grand plans of getting on the treadmill daily and taking Ronin to fun places every week...  But I'm actually doing well at work, it's nice to look forward to seeing the boys and having normal "adult" things to do during the day.  It makes me want to spend quality time with them at the end of the day :)

Aunt Melanie came up for the weekend to see Quinn for the first time.  The boys loved having her attention and it was sad to see her go home!


I've been going home at lunch and Ronin actually misses me and wants hugs from me.  Quinn just smiles at me and wants to snuggle like always.  :)  It's been tough getting him to bed before 11 these last two nights, I'm hoping he'll go to bed earlier for me soon!  Last night he slept for 6 1/2 hours though!

Ronin has a cold this week and asked daddy "why is my body doing this to me?!"  haha  Poor guy!  And Quinn is not really liking drinking from a bottle- he swallows too much air.  But Angie has been doing an awesome job of taking care of the kids while we are at work!  It's so nice not to have to wake everyone up, get them dressed, throw them in the car (sometimes while they are screaming/crying) and drive to someone elses house to unload all their crap and get them in the house...   I love just getting myself ready, saying good-bye and driving to work!

Quinn has learned how to stick out his bottom lip this last week, it's sooo soooo cute, but also sooo sad at the same time!  I tried to get a picture but he won't let me.  hehe

We finally got our 2-month baby pictures back from the photo company, they turned out okay, my favorite is Ronin and Quinn of course.   Now Quinn has thinned out and just seems really long instead of compact and pudgy, so he already looks different than the photos...










I sent off Ronins birthday invitiations today!  He's so excited, and truthfully I kind of am too, I love planning these things!  He even posed for his superhero picture for me.  He is so excited to have his friends all play superhero with him...  we'll have games and fun prizes, should be one to remember!

Here's some of his poses:



And here is Ronin with his best furry-buddy:


Ronin has been very dramatic lately, telling us "This is the worst day of my life" when he is sad and "This is the best day of my life" when he is super happy.  It's very cute!  He also picked up the words "moisture" and "bacteria" -he likes to use in random sentences, it's so funny to see his vocabulary expanding!  It's probably due to too many cartoons!   At least now that I'm back to work he doesn't watch cartoons as much.   He's worried about werewolves lately.  He's not worried about dust bunnies anymore, so I had to replace them with dust-wolves that will eat him up if he hides under tables at restaurants.  He recently watched Edward Scissorhands with us and was very curious about how Edward made it snow when he did ice sculptures with his hands.  He told us that God gives Edward ice so he can make it snow at our house. 

Ronin also found some of my molars I kept, and when I put them in his hand he said "can you take them, they are kind of freaking me out" haha!  But then he tried to put them under his pillow for the tooth fairy.  I told him you can't fool the tooth fairy! In the morning he was sad that the tooth fairy didn't come.  ;)
And a recent picture of Quinn from this week:
He loves this frog!  See- long and skinny boy now!

Lots of love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment