Thursday, June 5, 2014

Blood, Coffee, BBQ

Last week I bravely gave blood for the 2nd time.  I could have saved up to THREE whole people!  More than likely they discovered too much caffeine and gave it to lab rats instead.  But I'm getting braver with needles and blood!  Soon I'll be able to take up that meth habit I've been thinking about having!  Only kidding mom and dad!
 
This is my arm bleeding my own blood

Same day as blood - the T&D Manager bought us girls coffee!  and these are the ginormous bullets (shells??) Robert got  for my rifle - yay! Oh, and that's me behind both of these things being super excited about it all!

Last week Ronin had his musical debut in Kindergarten!  It was pretty funny to watch, and Ronin was of course a little cut-up.  I took lots of video but they were really long so I didn't post them on here yet.  I kept telling him to blow his nose, so he was the kid who kept wiping his nose on his hand, arm, carpet...  Poor guy.  His nose is finally clearing up though.  They sang a lot of silly songs and got to move around to burn up some energy.



This picture is funny - it looks like he's afraid of girls...
 
And now that the weather is bright and sunny and warm - there's a reason to be outside to barbecue and relax :)  We went to Roberts house for dinner one night and Quinn followed Madison around helping her trim some trees and then proceeded to eat every strawberry that had any sort of pink or red color to it.  If it was too green he'd say it was a "crunchy" strawberry.
 
Quinn and Madison at their house for dinner- he has no concept of personal space. haha

Over the weekend we had our own barbecue with friends and neighbor kids.  It began as me inviting the neighbor kids over to roast marshmallows... but then I decided I didn't want to be the only adult, so I invited a few people... and couldn't help myself... eventually I think there were 12 adults and 7 kids.  I loved it.  It's amazing to me how NOT lonely I feel lately.  And how lonely I really was even with someone else in the house all the time.  I am loving my time with the kids, Robert, his kids, my friends, my family (when I get to see them).  It's a pretty awesome life - and barbecues seem to make it even better. :)

And Robert takes barbecuing very seriously.  I think I would have made a pretty pathetic hostess with my limited preparation that day (trying to avoid over-preparing and stressing out)- so I'm extremely lucky he swooped in to make it easy on me and well furnished.  ;)

Quinn and the neighbor Shilo.
 
Silly man
 

Quinns dirty face almost looks like Roberts goatee

Alesha and Madison

The boys are doing well.  Quinn seems to be getting up earlier lately.  I don't know if he's figured out that he gets to say bye to me if he wakes up early - or if the sunshine in the morning is waking him up.  I guiltily kind of enjoy getting to kiss and hug them both before I leave for work though.  But I feel bad that he didn't get enough sleep.  It's almost summer though and curfews will probably change a bit so I can spend a little more time with them in the evenings :)
 

The boys wrestling
 
Quinn keeps leaving a plastic brain in random places in our house.  It's turned into kind of a joke.  One day I came home and asked "why is there a brain in the hallway?"  which made me laugh.  That night Quinn asked where the brain is because he wanted to sleep with it.  He knows this makes me laugh so he keeps putting it in random places.  Right now it's on top of their TV in the playroom...
 
Ronin seems a little worried about what happens to people when they die, and if he'll go to heaven.  I'm not sure if they are teaching them about heaven and death in Sunday school or what, but I assured him there's no reason he wouldn't go to heaven.  He also remembered a conversation I had with him probably about a year ago about bad people.  I told him that I didn't believe people could be completely bad, but some might do bad things more than others.  He reminded me about that conversation, and I assured him he's definitely a good kid and any of us can make bad decisions because we can't be perfect.   Seems like such heavy topics for a 6 year old to think and talk about.  So I find that pinching his butt and tickling him are more age appropriate things to do. :) 
 
Both boys seem to play too hard and are super grouchy at night - which is super fun for me.  But I love how they quiet down when we get a book out to read.  Sometimes Quinn will even stay up a little later to hear the book Ronin and I are reading.  Oh and Ronin made his goal of reading 100 books during his school year and is so excited to turn in his reading journal to get a prize!  He's loving his Lego camp every wednesday too, he comes home to practice what they did in camp that day.  :)
 
Quinn and I were sitting outside the other day and he came over to hug me and said "I love my little mommy"  it was the freaking cutest thing!   And he's still bugging me to go back to the Ape Caves - he said he's older now so we should go. ha ha!

I think I'll collect crazy coffee pictures everytime I get a foofy coffee...

And this is what happens when Quinn sneaks back in the house while I'm mowing the lawn.
 
Lots of love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment