Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter eggs and punching bears

Last weekend was Easter!  Shelley and Sean went with Ronin, Quinn and I to find Easter eggs at my works Easter Egg event...  It was quite dissapointing since the eggs weren't jam-packed full like they used to be when I was helping out with the event...  Seems everyone is getting cheap... but the boys had fun and got to see the Easter Bunny!   That night was Rory's birthday so we had cake that Ronin frosted himself, and I made chicken and dumplings.  Rory went shooting that morning with his friends and Ronin made him a "target" to shoot at, it was a robot - he was so proud of himself!  and even prouder of Daddy when he saw all the holes in it later.

His Robot Target

Little Quinn has an eye appointment set for the 17th, which is next Tuesday, so we are anxious to hear what they have to say.   He got a few Easter presents as well, a big bear from Uncle Brad and Aunt Brooke, and some new spoons and a baby book from us.

Ronin got in a bit of trouble last week when he and Sean went to McDonalds playland together for a playdate.  Sean told Ronin to punch a little girl -- so Ronin DID! (not hard, just pushed her in the stomach)  and then Sean came and tattled on Ronin.  They both confessed to what they did and I was furious that Ronin would do something like that!  He told me that when Sean told him to do it he couldn't say NO to his buddy!  I told him if he can't say no to a friend then they are not his friend.   Is this what little boys do when they get together?  I kind of worry Ronin will be one of those kids who buddies up with the bully to avoid getting picked on and then does the dirty work...   But I'm sure it's something most kids go through and we just have to teach him to think before he does something...  Luckily the little girl wasn't very phased and I made him appologize, and then he went straight to nap without any stories which he told me later "broke his heart". haha 

The last couple of nights Quinn has decided it's playtime in the middle of the night, which means time to talk!  He babbled for over an hour last night while he was punching his teddy bears that were hanging above his head in the bassinet...  and the whole reason he was even in the bassinet is completely my friend Shelleys' fault!   She told me a few days ago that whenever she see's a picture of Quinn and I there is always something "floating" in the background, like a ghost.   So when I was putting Quinn back to sleep last night I was thinking about what she said... and then I started thinking about those "Paranormal Activity" movies...  and after I returned to bed and shut my eyes I thought I noticed a light flicking on- so I opened my eyes to see that everything was still dark.... and then about 30 seconds later Quinn started crying.  So with all the paranormal talk still in my head I swiftly grabbed Quinn from his crib and brought him into our room to sleep in the basinet...  where he thought it was playtime and did his hour long babbles and bear punching... until he finally drifted back to sleep.    I realize now that my eyes always do twitchy things like that and Quinn wasn't all the way asleep when I put him down-- but nonetheless I told Rory to replace the nightlight bult that burned out so I dont' freak myself out again! haha

BFF's Ronin and Sean

Mr. Bunny!

Finding eggs

Sean, Shelley, me, Quinn & Ronin

Yay Easter Basket!

What the heck do I do with this??

Bunny Ears :)

So the boys are good, we are doing good, the sun is starting to show it's shining face!  I hope everyone else is doing great too. 

Lots of love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment