Monday, September 19, 2011

Ronins stay-cation

This last week Ronin got to stay up late and sleep in late since Nana was here to watch him while Shelley took her vacation.  Poor nana had to endure hours of "Phineas & Ferb" cartoons and many refills on "warm grapejuice in a grapejuice cup who has a lid".  He also convinced her to let him have piece after piece of yummy zucchini bread she baked...

Wednesday was his usual swim class night.  He has a new teacher this season and it was his best class so far!  Luckily I brought the video camera, so I have to share some clips!  He's so proud of himself for doing the "torpedo" and putting his head under the water.  For the first time I heard him say he LIKES going under water.  This is a huge step! 

Doing the "torpedo"

Barbell on his back

Face in the water

Frog arms in the water

Barbell

Torpedo again

I had my prenatal checkup on Wednesday as well.  All is good and he was already head down, but I'm sure that changes a lot before the last month.  I'm supposed to drink more water and eat more often because I get a little dizzy by the end of the day.  We have another appointment in 4 weeks and then they go down to every other week... eek!  We are getting close!

Saturday Ronin and I went to his friend Trenton's dinosaur theme birthday party.  He got to jump on Trentons new trampoline, which he now wants for his birthday too.  Trentons mom, Shauna, made a volcano errupt in their backyard too, which was amazing to Ronin.  Okay, it was a little amazing to me too!


Trenton and Ronin

The trampoline

The errupting volcano

Sunday we went to Ikea with Grandma Jan and Grandpa Rod to get Quinn a little blue rug for his room.  Ronin found a stuffed rat that he said reminded him of the dead mouse daddy found in the yard and threw away. ew.  Needless to say, it's his favorite stuffed animal right now and carries it everywhere. 

The rat from Ikea

Ronin has decided that I'm not allowed to use "his" bathroom any more.  When I asked why he said because I "stink" it up!  I told him that daddy stinks it up too, and he said "no, daddy's pooh doesn't smell"   haha!  Disgusting and you can believe Rory agreed with Ronin on this one.  Rude boys!

He still seems to be afraid of Bigfoot and "Dust Bunnies" which is an effective method to keep him from crawling under tables and restaurants "the dust bunnies will get you!" and to get him to come in the house at night "I think I heard Bigfoot coming!".    I'm sure he'll be speaking to his counselor someday about these things...  ;)

That's about it for this week...  Thank you Nana for entertaining him all week!  and Thanks Rod & Jan for coming with us to Ikea - the 2 hour minimum shopping maze...  We all rolled on the new rug last night to test it's plushness.  ;)

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment