Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Creepy Woody, Bike Ride and a Movie

Last week I got the boys little surprises, Ronin a used/old iPod for his music and to be able to text me and his dad when he's got wifi.  He thought it was the coolest thing!  He can even get phone calls on his texting app, but we haven't tried it out yet.  Quinn got a Woody doll with a pull string.  He was carrying it everywhere when he first got it, but then leaving it in weird places for me to find later...  it's kind of creepy actually.  I'll be washing dishes and then turn around to see Woody sitting on a chair behind me- watching me...  or when I was in the backyard fixing something and I turned around and Woody was sprawled on the grass behind me, even though I never heard Quinn go back there.  Creepy.  And you don't even have to pull his string for him to talk!

Quinn and Woody

Avayah and Quinn watching movies

Ronin and I have been learning how to draw animals using little "how-to's" we find on the internet.  He's quite good!  I'm impressed and I hope it builds his self confidence because I think he's going to be a great artist :)

Drawing a horse

Drawing a Minion

Saturday we were going to go for a bike ride, but the weather didn't look dry enough, so I took the boys and Bella to see "Home".  It was a pretty cute cartoon and Quinn made it all the way through even though he was tired and ready for nap.  Afterwards we got slushies from Sonic because the car in the movie was powered by slushies and made us want some...

Ronin wanted to bring the unicorn mask!  I'm so proud!

The next movie we'll have to go see!

On Sunday we put our new bike carrier on the car, loaded our bikes and drove to Salmon Creek/Kline Line to go for a bike ride!  It was the perfect day for it and the boys told me how much they loved being out there :)  That made me so happy!  I told them it smelled like my childhood out there. haha  It smelled like sweet flowers and tall trees - it was the best smell in the world.  There were mile markers on the paved trail so Ronin and I kept yelling out how far we'd gone.  Finally around the 2 1/4 mark Ronin was getting tired of pedaling so we headed back for a total of 4 1/2 miles!  I was very proud of him.  :)   Quinn said he was really tired too- and we laughed because all he did was sit on the back of my bike!  Along the way we were stopping to collect flowers to press and put in our new journal.  There were so many wild roses- I think they may be my favorite wild flower.  The boys were impressed with the buttercups and said they felt like butter. haha  In one of the creeks there were a TON of turtles!  They reminded me of the Dr. Suess story "Yurtle the Turtle" because they really were all stacked up.  Not tall, but just against each other.  

He's pretty proud of himself too :)

Quinny doing all the hard work... haha

Ronin gave me a rose to sniff and put in my hair :)

Do you see the turtles?  There's also some ducks on the log behind them.

Turtle family!

Ronin was giving Quinn some flowers to hold too.

We had a great weekend and I can't wait to go bike riding with them again!  I like Salmon Creek because some of it is in the woods, but we might have to try the trail out by the river soon too.  I just have to know Ronin isn't going to mow over people and dogs on the sidewalk... haha

Arbitration is finally done.  I'm exhausted.  I should feel at peace because there's nothing more to do besides sign the papers.  I'm sure that feeling will come soon.  I get my boys two weekends a month, which is huge!  I'm sad that the summer schedule will start two weeks early now though.  But getting my weekends with the boys is worth it.  And now I can clean out the garage!  and plan vacations!  Pay off bills!!   I really want a new car - so maybe once I get my bills taken care of I can start car shopping!!  I can finally breathe.   I hate to say it but this process has made me believe that nobody really cares - the lawyers, the judges, even people around me.  No matter what I said, who I said it to, it didn't make a difference.  People telling me to "fight harder" - didn't understand that it's not a boxing match- I never got my time in the ring where I could put on the gloves and go at it-- everything was calculated and in the end the Judge only wanted to follow the law and what the law saw as "fair".  How was I supposed to fight harder?  By getting mad?  I did plenty of that.  By bringing things up?  I did that too- but nobody cared.  It didn't matter that wrongs had been made.  The Judge told me "No good deed goes unpunished".  I see that now.  This has also made me not trust people.  People will twist information to their own greedy benefit.  I'm afraid this has changed me.  Maybe for the better, maybe for the worse.  Time will tell...   But for now it's over and I get to go on long bike rides with the boys :)

Lots of love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment