Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Shopping and Portland to Coast


A couple weeks ago we did some school shopping, and HAD to find some sleeping-eye-masks for some reason... luckily they had them at the dollar store.  Ronin convinced me he'd sleep better with one.  So we all got one, mine came in handy at Portland to Coast for sleeping with headlights constantly shining in our van.

Bella and the boys with their eye masks

Quinn wanted Byrekka to sing Rock-a-bye-baby to him

Ronin made a mustache out of silly putty

Ronin and I had dental visits - he got a goody bag full of toys and tooth stuff

At the mall with Sly Stallone


Funny- I make the same face for pictures!

The boys at the play-area in the mall


Portland to coast...


Last weekend was my third and probably my last Portland to Coast relay.  In my van I had my friend Brandee, my coworker/friend Julie, Brandee’s coworker/friend Mechell, an old soccer friend Crystal, her friend Sarah, and me.    Julie had the first leg which was a back road with kind of a hill-billy feel…  at one point there was a man sitting by the road with no shirt on and a goat minature horse by his side.  The horse had purple hearts painted on it.  The man ran across the road to give Julie some kind of homemade pinecone flowers.  She told us by hill-billy law they are now engaged.  Haha  

My first leg was at midnight in the dark on some back roads by the woods… Luckily it was only 4.2 miles and Brandee volunteered to walk it with me. We blasted music and walked as fast as we could while discussing the “what-ifs” of walking in the dark.  Like what if we get sprayed by a skunk – would we still be allowed in the van?  I pointed out that we can’t just abandon people because they stink.  Another “what-if” was "what-if" you were a crazy psychopath and hid in the woods to pick off Hood to Coast runners and walkers?  It would be the perfect place!

We chatted with lots of people, made fun of a few, were made fun of by alot more people, practiced twerking...  At some point I got to explain how the Human Centipede works, and how Sharknado's are possible.  

Our van

My bra!

Same random van with a blow up doll..


My new friend, Mechell, and me

waiting in the van

Night time in the van


Brandee walked with me during my creepy night leg

Choose wisely... The line to the left is for food.  The line to the right is for the port-o-potty.  You better believe I got in the food line!


My $8 breakfast



At some point people just gave up trying to recycle...



Kevin Bacon's head was there


Mechell is not shy...

Seriously- the outhouses were a big deal!  These were CLEAN and had TOILET PAPER!

Julie, Brandee, Mechell and me!

My last leg was 7.15 miles uphill on a gravel road...  which mostly sucked since it was in the middle of the day and it was sooo dusty... I was so happy to see the end of that leg.

The Finish Line!  I hate crowds... there was way too many people there... I couldn't even see the ocean, the fog was too thick.


Our team...

It was a fun time with a good group of girls, but I was sooooo ready to come home and see my boys and sleep and take a shower and not walk...  We are looking at doing a one-day relay next year as a group instead, I found a Mt. Raineer one that's all down-hill jogging...  that's my kind of relay :)



No comments:

Post a Comment