Monday, April 14, 2014

Muggles and things

This last week was spring break so I took Thursday and Friday off to spend with the boys.  The sun was out so we got to spend a lot of time outdoors, which is nice for a change.  I think I might actually enjoy summer this year!
 
Quinny is full of himself lately.  Terrible-two's have never been so accurate as with him.  Ronin kind of skated by his two's without being too terrible...    Quinn has told me "I'm the boss of you!" after jamming popcorn down the couch cushions and jumping on it.  Naughty boy.
 
At work, yet another retiree- Bob
 
A couple weeks ago I ordered a toddler bed for Quinn since he's freely getting out of the crib and causing mayhem...  While I was putting it together he kept telling me "it's going to be AMAZING!" and then when I put it in their room he said "It's AMAZING!"  haha - I love that he uses that word!  I felt pretty "amazing" after he was so impressed with his new bed.
 
His new bed -
Ignore the half painted wall--
I'm waiting until I can open the windows to get more ventilation in there...

My new friends Katy and Lilli  - we all went to a comedy club one night with Greg and Robert :)

A couple weekends ago I took the boys to see the Muppets... Ronin was pretty good except for hiding from me at the end, but Quinn was all over the place...  I kind of knew he wouldn't sit still that long, but I was hoping...  I had to go in the lobby with him several times before the movie ended.  No more movies with him for a while!

Ronin found a beetle

On Thursday I introduced the boys to Geo-Caching.  I have an app on my phone that tells me where a "cache" is hidding and we follow the compass until we get within about 30 feet of the spot and then we start looking.  Inside the "cache" is usually just a log to write your name on, and sometimes you can swap a small quarter-machine sized toy or trinket.  Ronin found the first two all on his own, I found about 3 of them.  I explained to him that we didn't want "muggles" to see us finding the treasure because they'll go take it and then nobody else can come and find it.  He wasn't so sure about this whole "we find a treasure but don't take it home?!" idea, but he quickly accepted it and couldn't get enough.  Both him and Quinny were talking non-stop about Geo Caching and how they don't want to be "muggles" after we got home.   I'm happy I found something fun and free to do outside with them. :)

Ronin's first geo-cache!

A magic 8-ball geo-cache

Clever hiding spot

Our last geo-cache of the day

When we got home Ronin wrote this on the sidewalk :)   Which was nice since he wrote "i hat you" the weekend before... haha


My boys :)
 
The boys went with their dad this last weekend.  Ronin was really sick Friday right before they got picked up.  Probably a little dehydrated from the sunshine.  Poor guy! 
 
Over the weekend Robert built a grape arbor, which turned out hella cool - I helped his daughter, Alesha, stain the wood, and then she and I got pies from Shari's...

These are Robert's chickens, I think that one is their leader...  

His backyard with some of his projects

the grape arbor :)

This is Alesha - she's pretty damn cool.
 
Easter is coming up this weekend - we are going to Mike and Shelley's house to eat and hunt for eggs.  I'm very grateful for their invitation.  I really didn't want to go to a park and have my children fighting for easter eggs with other strange children...
 

Lots of love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment