Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Boys and Art

February only has 10 days left!  It's crazy how fast time flies.  Yesterday was Presidents day so I got to spend the entire day with my belly fruits.  It's kind of amazing how resilient they are - the temper tantrums are pretty much gone, unless someone gets some Red Dye #5... or really any sugar... there is a chance for a melt-down.  For the most part Quinn has been the one getting into trouble.  He likes to throw large, blunt objects at our faces when he doesn't agree with something we say or do. He's not a bad aim either.  Ronin got hit 4 times in one day.  Quinny spent time in time-out a lot that day.  But I think he kind of likes it...  after the 3rd time he said "OKAY!" and ran to his bedroom.  Time for floor, or nose to the wall-time-outs I suppose...  Mom always warned me that "paybacks are hell" and I may have thrown things too... my aim wasn't very good though.
 
One day after work Quinn decided it was time to brush my hair.  He made me sit while he got a brush and brushed my hair for quite a while.  It was so cute and nice to have someone brush my hair for me... such a good boy.
 
Brushing mommies hair

With the snow last week Quinn decided he's okay with hats now.  In fact he wanted to put some on me too. 
 Hats
 
Ronin's teacher sent out her newsletter and there was a picture of Ronin (in green) with his classmates playing in the snow. 
 
Ronin got his name in the school newsletter! For exhibiting a character trait they were working on that week - Work Ethic. Good job Ronin! He didn't even know he was chosen by his teacher.


 
 Quinn found some nerd glasses and thought we should wear them.
 

Wednesday night Quinny wasn't feeling good.  He was holding his ears screaming "it hurts!" so I took him to urgency care.  We were there for hours because they had some emergency going on ahead of us.  He was a little trooper though and didn't get grumpy or throw a tantrum.  His ears were barely red inside so the doctor was hoping they'd clear up on their own, but if not we were supposed to go in to get them checked.  Poor guy.  But after the Ibuproferin kicked in he was all smiles.

Waiting for the doctor

Over the weekend I was recooping from my nasty cold.  And we had some friends over for pizza and movies.  On Sunday I picked up the boys, they had balloons and passed out in the car pretty much right away, sleepy guys.

Quinny napping in the car

Ronin naps like mommy does... mouth open.

We went to Fred Meyers on the way home to pick up some treats for the night.  Ronin wanted to look at toys for ideas for birthday presents, and have me take pictures of the toys.  Quinny was in on it too, but he'd say "I'd like that for Christmas!"  funny boys.

Gift idea... it is a hotwheels track...  kind of like the one he already has, but with a dinosaur.

Skylanders toys-- which I'm learning are all part of a huge money-taking toy/game business.  You have to buy a "port" which looks like a tiny ice arena - which hooks up to the PlayStation or whatever... and you have to make sure you have the correct game CD, plus these little creatures are all sold seperately.  Of course kids want it - it's hella cool!  and also hella spendy.  Good luck Ronin ;)

Sunday night we made a fort over my bed with a sheet and some clips.  We watched some Blues Clues and Sponge Bob before going to sleep.  Quinn decided he didn't want to sleep with us though!  He asked to go sleep in his crib.  Party pooper.

In the fort - the flash was super bright so Quinn turned away and Ronin closed his eyes...
 
On Monday we were going to go bowling, but decided to be crafty instead.  We bought a large canvas, some new paints and everyone contributed to the uber-cool-mom-and-boys modern art piece.



My artists

The finished piece... I just did the tree/sun/clouds.  Quinn mostly made the red blob by the tree that I helped him make into a heart.  Ronin made a robot (the large piece with orange eyes) and an igloo in the sky...  you can't question art.
 
Other than that things are pretty quiet.  Ronin really wants to go to the beach so we'll probably try to do that soon.  And hopefully see Nana and Papa even sooner.  :)
 
Lots of love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment