Monday, August 15, 2011

First day of blogging..

August 15, 2011

I've decided to blog about events and milestones instead of handwriting in my journal I keep for Ronin and Quinn...  The time I get alone to handwrite anything more than "we need milk" is getting really sparse... and the amount of time I sit at a computer gives me more of an opportunity to write.

Ronin is 3 1/2 years old now, and expecting his little brother, Quinn, in November.  Ronin says so many funny things I hope I can remember some of them when I sit to blog so I don't forget them!  He is so clever and comes up with the funniest things to tell us!  He's quite the story teller (like his mommy!) and also quite onry (like his daddy!).

The other day we passed by the hospital and I said "there's where you were born, and where your brother will be born too!"  and he said that he hopes his brother comes out with clothes on.  I said that no, he'd be born naked but the nurses would quickly clean him up and dress him and wrap him in a blanket.  He said "Good, because I don't want to see his doodle".  He also mentioned that we have to get a diaper changing pad because he doesn't know where his is, I said we could just change him on his bed - he thought a better idea would be to change his baby brother on the roof.

This last weekend we got to go to the county fair. He's been every year but this year he really enjoyed it.  Ate an elephant ear and some noodles, drank some strawberry lemonade.  Got to float around in a bubble in a pool, collected stamps to enter a drawing for $1,000, rode on 3 carnival rides, and even had daddy win him a huge inflatable sword.  We were so busy walking and doing things we forgot to check on the baby piggies or watch the demolition derby!   Oh well... next year!

He rode his little tricycle to the park yesterday and we had to move the seat all the way back... he says he's not ready to ride his big boy bike Santa got him for Christmas...  But I think it would be easier for him to ride and he'd go faster.  oh well... no harm in letting him enjoy his tryke a little longer.   He's getting so good at climbing things too!  At the park I don't get that nervous flutter I used to get when he'd try climbing the toys... he's pretty sure footed and can get around like a little monkey!  He's so much fun to watch playing at the parks - he just smiles and smiles and really loves doing his own thing.   We are so proud of how he's grown up already.   Although I wish I could stop time sometimes and enjoy him this little for a while longer.

Quinn is growing and I can tell already he's going to be a nocturnal little boy...   He's mostly quiet during the day, and at night when I relax and get ready for bed it's parade time in my belly.  He also enjoys the occasional stomp on my bladder.  Sometimes it feels like he's going to kick his way out and it takes me a minute to recoop!   Not as many hiccups as I had with Ronin - although the heartburn is the same if not worse!  At least the migraines have gone away. 

The nursery is still in dissaray... I haven't gotten that "nesting" sensation quite yet, but know that my time is running out to get it ready... I'm hoping to work on it a little at a time in the next month...  movement is getting pretty uncomfortable for me so the sooner the better!

Well that's it for my first blog post.  I plan on adding pictures too!  I'm not sure who's reading this, but it's a good way to look into a day in our lives :)

C.

And here are some Clark County Fair pictures:







By the way - I found the coolest online photo editing software at http://www.fotoflexer.com/ that's where I edited these photo's to make them look so good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment