Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sharing rooms is cool.

I let a couple weeks go by since there wasn't much to report.  Besides Ronin pulling his pants down to get kids to laugh at him during a fire-drill at school...  Hoping to never hear of any repeat events...
 
I made a cake for a little girls birthday a couple weekends ago before we went to Nana and Papa's to help with their garage sale.  Not sure how much "help" we were since the boys kept wanting me to play with them... but it was nice to get out of the house and go visit :)
 
We had a few left over flowers from the anniversary pary :)
 
When we got home from Goldendale I moved the boys' beds together in Ronin's room for a shared bedroom and then put all the toys in Quinn's room for a shared play room.  Which has been working out really well so far!  The house is a little quieter, and the mess isn't in the living room anymore.  I bought a few "super hero" things to make their room more boy-ish.  I think it turned out well.

 

I'm hoping to make a chalkboard for this wall for the boys to use sometime soon. The sign in the middle says "Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero".

Quinny got into his brothers toothpaste... and toothbrush...

Quinn had a fever all this last weekend. :(  Poor guy.  It was anywhere from 99 to 103 degrees... I took him into urgency care Sunday morning because his cough sounded like a horrible wheeze and I know wooping cough has been going around.  We got him checked out and it's not wooping cough, just a wonderful virus.  He's already feeing 90% better though, I think Sunday his fever finally broke and he's been his onry self again.
 
 While the guys were putting up siding last weekend  I bought a "cube" organizer to replace the changing table in the play room (thank you Nana!).  I wanted to go to IKEA, but didn't think Quinn would do okay being gone that long, so we bought it at Fred Meyers.  I think it looks pretty cool, and it's stackable if we ever buy another one to put on top :)
 
The new organizer :)

The corner by the door - lots of movies!

Lots of toys!
 
This is Quinn enjoying the playroom!
 


Everything has been pretty uneventful at home besides Quinn getting sick last weekend.  Oh, Ronin's snail ate his beta... I don't think he killed the beta, just ate his corpse... Which seems pretty convenient.  I had to tell Ronin that "Parrot" (that's what he named the Beta) wasn't alive anymore... and he said he wanted to see him so he could flush him.  I told him it wasn't a good idea because "Gary" (the snail) was eating him and I didn't want him to see.  Which only made him want to see even worse, but I kept him from looking under the pirate skull in the tank.  Poor Parrot. I swear Gary is like 3 times faster now... and bigger...  now that I think about it, Gary is kind of creepy...

Well anyway... Halloween is fast approaching, and so is Quinn's 2nd birthday!   We have all decided that Quinn is going to be a Garden Gnome for Halloween.  And Ronin STILL wants to be a zombie even though I told him he can't wear any blood or scars on when he goes to school that day.  This should be interesting...


Take care, lots of love,
C


No comments:

Post a Comment