Thursday, December 6, 2012

Bloody worms

We got our Christmas tree last weekend.   Ronin was so excited to decorate it with us that he made us wait until he got back Sunday morning from his sleepover.   He had his first successful sleepover at Seans house Saturday night!  Although I don't know if we'll let him sleep over there again for a while- he was being sassy with Mike and Mike pretty much hates all kids except his own. 

Quinny is fascinated with the tree, and the decorations, and wrapping paper and presents.... and pretty much everything that isn't his toy... He's already opened one of his gifts... which I had to re-tape back together.  It was just pajama's but he proceeded to sit on the box until it was flat and then rip it open.

As you can see from this picture - Quinn is grabbing the ornaments...

Quinn's 4th tooth on the bottom (8th tooth in total) came in on Sunday.  Which explains his heightened need to bite everyone and everything...

Here he is playing and then going for a bite...

The boys got their letters from Santa last week!  Ronin is super excited and is planning on "trapping" Santa.  I asked him why he wanted to trap Santa and he said "oh, just to ask him a few questions".  ha ha

I think I've also scared Ronin into not killing bugs.  Instead of letting a stink-bug go back outside he decided to flush one, and I told him that when he goes to Heaven he has to meet all the bugs he killed and tell them he's sorry.  Also that stink-bugs family is probably worried about him and wondering where he went.  So he told me the other day that he never wants to kill a living creature ever, even when he's an adult.   hehe

Ronin's fish ran out of fish food so I asked one of my friends at work to borrow a pinch of food to get them through until I can remember to get them food.  Well he gave me a little ziplock baggy with different kinds of fish food in it, blood worms, pellets, and flakes.  I brought them home and explained what each was to Ronin and he keeps calling blood worms "bloody worms", so now he sounds English asking "Mommy can I feed my fish the bloody worms?"  and I can't help but break out laughing when he says this; I stopped correcting him because it's much cuter to hear "the bloody worms" come out of his mouth.

Quinny is now into EVERYTHING...  He can even open all the doors in the house... there's nothing that's beyond his destructive hands... we joke that he is Hulk and say "Quinny Smash" when he walks towards something because he will knock it down or tear it apart... he's also not very gentle with his older brother, besides the biting he hits him and tries to remove his eyeballs or scratch him...  Naughty baby!  "The Hulk" fits him perfectly...

Here's Quinn trying to take off Ronin's goggles in the bath...

Quinn is trying out sentences lately too and I swear he can say "God dang it"!   I'm not really sure if that's what he's really saying but it sure sounded like it... 

Christmas is creeping up...  I think we are mostly done buying presents once payday comes this Friday.  I feel bad that we can't spoil the kids with gifts, but it's probably better that they don't get over-indulged in the gift opening and I know their grandparents will be spoiling them anyway ;)

Take care and happy shopping!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment